Friday 6 March 2015

Star In A Reasonably-Priced Siatica

My sister rang me the other evening.  She wanted my sage advice about sciatica, specifically how to cure it.  The reason she rang me is because I have a bit of previous when it comes to this oh-so debilitating condition.  The funny (peculiar, not ha-ha, definitely not ha-ha) thing is I too was suffering from the same malady.  It took me about twenty minutes to hobble to the phone because of it.

I first succumbed to it several years ago after hurting my back.  It manifested itself by freezing up my right calf (it was like a lump of granite) and sending shooting pains down my right hamstring - well, one of them anyway.  It sounds quite minor, jotted down like that, but, believe me, it's anything but.  It's excruciating when it's acute, and extremely dispiriting.

After this episode, it came back to haunt me periodically - never, thankfully, as severely as the first time.  And being something of an autodidact, I set about reading all the available literature on alleviating the symptoms.  Some of it (a lot of it actually) is twaddle.  But I have managed to cherry pick some gems over the years, and it from this arsenal that I was able to help out the sib.

No comments:

Post a Comment