Wednesday 25 March 2015

Allergic to work...finally.

Something odd happened today.  It wasn't an interesting odd though; it was mildly terrifying.  I was sat at my desk at work, scowling, when my throat tightened up and I could barely breathe.  I made a dash for the lifts as I thought I might pass out.  This must have been the 'fight or flight' reflex kicking in.  Luckily, its instincts proved to be sound: as soon as I got out of the office, my symptoms lessened.

The cause of the attack was an allegen in the air conditioning.  This happens quite a lot, but never previously with the severity of today's episode.  Usually at about 9.30 of a morning, I will start with the streaming eyes and runny nose for about 10 minutes.  After that, it passes.  The chap who sits opposite me gets a sneezing fit in the middle of the afternoon.

I should have known something was up.  I've been on my knees for the last week or so.  Chronic fatigue is another symptom of allergic reaction.  Something's going on.  Unfortunately, my paranoia regarding large and powerful business concerns prevents me from kicking up a fuss.  I worry that if I do, someone will mark my card, and use his masonic power to destroy me and all I stand for.

No comments:

Post a Comment