Monday 30 March 2015

In the British summertime

Well, it's official - summer's arrived.  The clocks in In-ger-land went forward to the tune of one hour on Sunday morning - so-called BST.  As much as I look forward to this occasion, it does play havoc with my flimsy physical and psychological defences.  My body clock isn't easily fooled and he wasn't happy having to pull down the shutters and fain sleep last evening at what he considered to be too early an hour.  And when the alarm clock started shrieking this morning at what to him was still 06.20 hours, well, he couldn't keep a civil tongue in his virtual head.  Most unpleasant it all was.

Of course the flip side of this is that the evenings are very bright, and it feels (at the moment at any rate) earlier than it is in strictly chronological sense.  So I've got a nice long evening ahead of me.  What to do?  Pub?  Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment