Tuesday 9 December 2014

Yuletide pressure

I popped to see my physio this afternoon.  My left knee's been giving me a bit of non-specific gyp, as I believe it's known in the medical game, for a couple of weeks.  So I needed an expert eye and a BUPA slush-fund to give it the once over.  The prognosis is positive.  I'll be back to my middle-aged best in no time.  The only eff in the oh is the fact that I have another appointment on Friday morning at 9am.  Normally, this wouldn't present any great hardship, but this Thursday is our firm Xmas set-to.  Generally, the day after this is reserved for sweating and personal recrimination.

When the fizz suggested this "window", I bullishly thought "Yeah, why not.  Let's do it,"  Now I can't stop welling-up at the prospect.  I may have to back out.  I don't like to disappoint him, but the inner-weasel is strong.  The weather's supposed to be shithouse as well on Friday.  I've started making excuses already.  Have you noticed?

But first things first - it's our residents' association annual carols tonight.  I'll get through that and see how I feel in the morning.  I don't hold out much hope for the current appointment's prospects.  Know thyself.

No comments:

Post a Comment