Thursday 4 December 2014

When is Christmas this year?

I've taken my psychological eye of the yuletide ball of late.  This is particularly irksome as I'd promised myself about a week ago that I wouldn't.  I should explain - "taking the PE off the YB" means allowing yourself to get swept up in the pre-Xmas brouhaha too early.  You keep thinking tomorrow's your last in the office for a few days when in fact you've still got twenty days left to toil

It's a real pick axe to the optimism when the alarm clock goes off at 7am then.  "Oh, fcuk, not another work day?" your brain complains as you fill the breakfast bowl with Bitesize Shredded Wheats yet again.  Also, "evening-Jerry" can be relied upon to drink too much and stay up late at this time of year because he, too, is convinced he's on holiday.  And there's nothing I can do to disabuse him of this misapprehension.

So, I'm stuck with it.  Could be worse I suppose.  I could be in an iron lung.

No comments:

Post a Comment