Friday 12 December 2014

Guinness...straight glass

Well, I survived the annual office Christmas piss-up relatively unscathed.  I had to be up earlyish this morning to scoot off to a physio appointment, so I took it easy.  Actually, I didn't take it easy; I necked at my usual fevered pace, but I dragged myself away from the crash site at 9pm, so all was well.

This morning I felt very pleased with myself as a result.  What a dreadful little prig I am in circs. like this.  My hubris was compounded when I got to work and surveyed the damage amongst my colleagues, one of whom was so hungover he winced at every time he took a step around the office.  The chap who sits next to my desk, and who has a raging thirst, couldn't a recall a single event from the entire evening except for his being harangued by the staff at his hotel for trying to climb over the reception desk and steal a bag of Maltesers when he returned to his room in the small hours.  He then had the Olympic chutzpah to complain about the absence of bacon on the complimentary breakfast buffet.

Anyway, one Yuletide hurdle cleared.  Time to pin back the ears and hurtle toward the next.  To the pub!

No comments:

Post a Comment