Friday 19 December 2014

Yul Brynner-tide

At last!  The office has that odd festive feel.  Everyone has been champing at the bit since about 1.30pm, desperate to make an early segue without damaging his or her career prospects at the same time.  I've been trying manfully to concentrate, but who am I kidding? it's not a day for intellectual endeavour.

I'm going to scoot off in a moment and meat Mrs O for a brace of sharpeners.  Thence home to fire up the central heating.  It getting cold in London, which is annoying as it was a mild morning.  This means I've been left high and dry as regards warm clothing.  I've had to grab one of the bastard Xmas jumpers that they were handing out at work.  That should go down a storm with the trunks on the train home later.  Still, needs must...

No comments:

Post a Comment