Monday 15 December 2014

Bored members

Aah, a funny day today.  I woke up feeling rested and reasonably buoyant.  This is rare, doubly so for a Monday, so I embraced the moment and lept two-footed into the working week.

Something happened en route to the office though, and I toppled over into a trough of bewildered ambivalence at about 11.30.  I'm still in it as I type, rooted to the floor and staring at the stars.  Will I climb out?  Perhaps.  But, in truth, the grey cloud and chill wind I can divine at the top don't inspire, so perhaps I'll park my weary noggin on a pillow-shaped boulder, and make the best of it down here.  Down here - when I am to master of my own destiny.  I answer to no-one.  I sleep and work when I wish.  I have shelter and a few friendly spiders for company.  The perfect housemate, your spider - they're more than happy to keep themselves to themselves.  As am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment