Thursday 9 July 2015

Starsky and Dutch

Well, what a trip that was!  I'm back from a joyous week-long sojourn in The Netherlands.  The weather was spectacular for once - 35 degrees plus for a couple of days.  The last time we cycled in the low countries, it's was unspeakably cold.  Almost literally so.  I remember one low point especially well.  We were huddled in a bus shelter in Arctic conditions, eating freezing cold cheese.  I tried to speak (planning to question the wisdom of the whole endeavour, no doubt) but could not form a coherent word.  I was too fatigued and too cold.  Still, onwards and upwards.  That's all forgotten now.  I suppose on a subliminal level, I'll expect it always to be subtropical in Utrecht now.  That could lead to disappointment.


No comments:

Post a Comment