Wednesday 22 July 2015

Did Not Finish

I bottled last night's final time-trial of the series.  I did, as promised, show my face at the velodrome, but I felt shite.  Also, it was packed and as a solo rider, I would have had to race after the two-ups had done their thang, which would have been late.  So I decided discretion (the thinking man's cowardice) was the bee part of vee, and legged it.  I did feel sufficiently ashamed to go out on a training ride instead, so I did get some miles in.  There's was absolutely no point in this endeavour; I was nailed to the road and certainly didn't improve my fitness or cycling any.  Honour must be served at times, however.

Tonight we're off to the flicks.  Recently we had a cinema open close to home.  When it did, I confidently predicted we'd be in there at least four times a week.  We've been once so far.  I don't know why this is, but I suspect that it's to do with the lack of spectacle involved in walking ten minutes from one's front door.  It takes the drama out of cinema-going.  This implies of course that there's some romance attached to going four stops on the Victoria Line.  There isn't.  Perhaps a retraction is in order?

We're just lazy.




No comments:

Post a Comment