Tuesday 21 July 2015

Le Grand Faiblesse

I woke up this morning feeling a bit "off".  I didn't feel ill; I just felt weak.  I'm used to feeling tired, but can usually force the energy to surface with a combination of willfulness and equine doses of caffeine.  This morning, there was no such mental and chemical fix available to me.  As soon as I flung my leg of the bike for the ride to work, I knew I had nothing in the tank.

This presents a potential problem as I'm supposed to be racing this evening.  I must be ill because normally on the day of a time trial, I feel increasingly excited as the hours tick by.  Not so today.  I feel quite sanguine about whole escapade.  In many ways, I wouldn't be too upset if I couldn't secure a berth tonight.  I will try however.  It's the last evening of this summer series, so I should show my face.  I might be saved from my fate by the fact that it's a "two-up" tonight (teams of two riders working together), and I don't have a partner.  Single riders can ride, but precedence will be given to pairs.  Let's hope there's surfeit of cycling twins at a loose end.

Pity poor Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment