Wednesday 11 February 2015

Just what the doctor ordered

I felt like shit this time yesterday - so bad in fact that I didn't think I'd make it to work today.  I take absenteeism seriously; it's a legacy of a Catholic upbringin.  For me even to consider having a sickie requires my feeling truly terrible.  I was exhausted when I reached home last night, so the game was definitely afoot.

The missus was late-ish home, but we decided to pop out for a pre-show cocktail nonetheless.  After returning home, I threw caution to the wind and spent the rest of the evening eating fine foods and drinking fine wines to my heart's content.  I didn't go to bed until nearly midnight, convinced I'd be phoning in sick this morning.  I woke up after 7 hour's undulating and watery sleep (I was woken by a bluebottle.  In February??) feeling much much better, however.  Hmm...chilli, wine and good telly appear to have steadied the ship.  That's good news...I think

No comments:

Post a Comment