Friday 13 February 2015

Crash, bang, wallop

The network's "down" at work, which means it lidderally impossible to do anything.  I could file things I suppose, but given my age, I think that would be unseemly...as well as dull.

It's Valentine's Day tomorrow, which means the pubs in our locale will be a no-go area.  I live in such a moneyed fleshpot these days that all the pubs in the vicinity have turned into de facto restaurants.  That means they'll be filled to the distressed rafters with pairs of dead-eyed 20-somethings, checking their respective phones over a half bottle of cava and two ramekins of overpriced shellfish.

What to do instead then?  I can't countenance Saturday evening without at least a fleeting visit to a hostelry.  I suspect we'll have to slum it somewhere 15 minutes' walk away, in a pub that serves peanuts and beer only.  The trouble with that of course is that one is then wont to encounter riff-raff, and we can't have that on VD.  It's not romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment