Thursday 23 October 2014

Up against the impersonal pronoun singular

Super busy at the very present.  I work in a small team.  There are two of us.  That really is as small as the law of team dynamics allows, isn't it?  Any less than that, and it's all "I" in team, which nature will not have.

The reason for the professional mania is that the other 50% of the first squad is working from home for a bit, due to unfortunate family circs. that I'd rather not go into.  For as long as I've had a hole in me arse, as they say, I've been telling my alleged boss that a two-man team is fine as long as both parties are fit and available for selection.  When that happy state of affairs is undermined for some reason, it all goes to cock in a handcart.  This is the current state of affairs.  

Worse still, I'm off to Berlin for a long weekend on Friday week.  Who's going to do the needful then?  My boss?  Roger De Courcey has more chance of joining the SAS, frankly.  I don't know what's going to happen, and, more to the point, I don't care.  When all is said and done, it's only work.  Does my attitude shock you?  Excellent.  Then my work here is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment