Thursday 16 October 2014

Holidays...yes, again

Ooh, off to France tomorrow.  I've had a long and demanding day chez office too, which helps, as I'm now frothing at the gash for the off.  Even the flight, normally a tiresome process, is filled with appeal.  Whilst queueing up at Gatwick with the great unwashed tomorrow morning, I won't be at work for a start.  I'm actively looking forward to security, the inevitable Pret pain au raisin (candy floss for graduates) and spending £30 on magazines for a 90 minute flight.

In other news, I'm on the wagon at the moment.  I always enjoy doing this, but only when I'm doing this.  It's odd, but I find that not drinking during the week increases my energy levels during the evening.  It also makes every night different.  I keep thinking to myself "what shall I do this evening?"  And, yet, despite this knowledge, I always fall off the weekday wagon.  And then it's a wrench to climb back aboard.  No matter, I'm enjoying it thus far.

What to do this evening?  I could carve a new nut for my guitar, dismantle the dishwasher or even get in the loft and replace the extractor fan.  Or I could just stare off into the middle distance, like last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment