Friday 25 September 2015

Vacate

Off on hols tomorrow!  We fly to Jerez in sunny Andalusia at lunchtime tomorrow.  It's a short but sweet visit - Saturday to Wednesday - but this is by choice rather than necessity.  The missus and have discovered over the years that four days is the optimal holiday duration.  It's long enough to find your feet and unwind, but not so long that you start running out of seemly things to do during the long ante-yardarm hours.  And you return home feeling like you've been away forever.  Finally, you can squeeze many more trips into the year than is otherwise possible.  It breaks my heart when a colleague dolefully admits to me he's shot bolt annual leave bolt by mid-February.  That to me smacks of poor time-management.

It isn't cheap, this constant gadding, but that's what money's for as far as I'm concerned.  I don't drag my skinny white ass into the office everyday to attract women, believe me.  It's for the cash.  We live a frugal life for the most part, chez-nous, but we refuse to scrimp when it comes to travel.  That's not to say we live it up when abroad; we don't.  It's mostly picnics and long days on the beach etc., but we do make sure the airline ticket slush fund if always well-upholstered.

Right, I'm away to pack the budgie-smugglers and flippers.

Adiós.

No comments:

Post a Comment