Thursday 24 September 2015

Back again, friends...

I didn't get a chance to post anything yesterday; I was simply too busy again.  All was going according to scripture for the first part of the day.  I'd thundered through my in-box like a flaming mallet through a vegelate anvil.  But my editor-in-chief hoyed a curve ball at me out of nowhere.

It was one of those seemingly harmless, nebulous requests for a some vague analysis for a presentation he's giving next week.  Unfortunately, I couldn't divine what answer he wanted from me.  That's how analysis works in the modern office environment, by-the-way.  It isn't a detached, logical safari for the truth.  It's quasi-scientific self-justification dressed up as fact.  And as all professional analysts know, fact is a movable feast.

So I hacked away at some non-committal charts and tables for a few hours and hoped for the best.  That took me most of the evening, so there wasn't time to post.  So I didn't.  Sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment