Wednesday 2 September 2015

Short and bitter

Another short post today I'm afraid.  I don't know where the day's gone, but gone it has.  Actually I could afford to stay behind after school and pen a longer disputation, but my weather forecasters tell me it's going to piss down this evening, so I'm keen to get me gone ere long.  I have just cause to be fearful; I got caught in the most wretched tempest last night on the way home.  I was pedalling away furiously, minding my own beeswax when the heavens darkened and it began to piss down.  And when I say piss, be in no doubt I'm talking Biblical retribution rain, not a shower.  It absolutely shat down for about ten minutes.  I was soaked to the epidermis of course, but even I had to stop, such was the violence of the deluge.  I hid in the lobby of a shabby-looking low-rise council block in Poplar, not something I'd wish on my worst enemy.  It was like Escape From New York with pie and mash.

Yesterday was the first of September.  It supposed to be reasonably summery still.  Wankers.

No comments:

Post a Comment