Monday 14 September 2015

Izzy Whizzy Let's Get Busy

Good grief, I've got a lot on at the moment.  All of it self-instigated, I should say.  That's right, I've not had pressure shovelled onto me from above; I've shovelled it over my own head.  Only a fool would do this of course were the work tiresome.  But in my case it's not.

Firstly I've decided to (re)start transcribing my diaries.  I began this Herculean task last year, but I was doing it on a laptop at home, and in MS Word.  This made it a torturous and slow process.  It also meant I could only work on it when indoors.  Predictably, then, the work ceased pretty quickly.  So I've decided to change tack.  This time I've created a Google docs spreadsheet.  I've use formulae to render all the dates and the days of the week.  I simply transcribe the words associated with each, pre-existing, date.  I even do it all lowercase, so as to minimise the effort required from yours truly.  Also, as it's web-based, I can work from home, the office, anywhere.  I'm flying.

In addition to this, I've signed up for a spinning class at the Olympic Velopark.  The first one is this evening.  I've also started going to non-league football - specifically Clapton FC.  Oh, and I'm learning to become a bike mechanic.  And learn Spanish.  All in all then, a busy schedule is pretty much guaranteed until they hand me the gold-plated carriage clock and retire my squad number.  I'm enjoying every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment