Thursday 21 May 2015

Never go back

Well, well, I'm back in London and back at work after five glorious days in west Cornwall.  It was an especially relaxing sojourn this time.  It was my mother-in-law's birthday, so we entertained at theirs one day and spent the rest of the time gadding about, eating asparagus and drinking gin.  The sun never stopped shining, not neither.  So, all-in-all, it was a real wrench to come home yesterday.

I've mentioned before how well-disposed I am by inclination for retirement.  This trip confirmed the hypothesis.  I could quite happily retire.  All I need is the mortgage paid and modest pension, just enough to keep me in bikes and beer.  The only other possibility would be to become a minor royal, but that's a long-shot, let's face it.  I'm a bit too "below-stairs".  And a Catholic.  Also, there is an undeniably tedious element to royal life.  Opening hospices is not for me.  I'm too shy.  That said, I do have quite a regal bearing - always have had.  And were I ennobled, I'd insist on wearing a fez, just to mix it up a bit.

 - I declare this hospice open.  Just like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment