Monday 11 May 2015

Groundhog week

Oh, god, here we go again.  I can't really fathom why but I'm spectacularly bored at the moment.  I facking dread Mondays, not because my work is too stressful or the people are unpleasant.  It isn't; they aren't.  It's just that it's become so very dull.

The department I work in has become denuded to just two staff, and there's not much stimulating group banter to help the hours shuffle by.  It's also been taken over by a manager who's been promoted above his abilities.  This happens all the time of course.  These professional shortcomings can be circumvented, however, as long as the person in question is (a) organised and (b) happy to give his or her more able underlings their head.  Unfortunately, my current boss has the time management skills of an indulged 5-year-old with a major Ritalin problem.  He's also the only person in the firm who doesn't realise he's floundering.

This means I have no direction in my professional life.  He just meandering about the place, flapping.  He also drops me in it from time-to-time by not getting his fcuking ducks in a row and leaving me with unrealistic deadlines for the poorly defined and cock-headed projects he does actual see to their lacklustre fruition.

I can't deal with boredom anymore.  I'm going to crack, and end-up wandering about the place like swinging a cricket bat Vyvyan from The Youngs Ones.  I don't want to see that, and nor does anyone else.  So.  He needs to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment