Tuesday 28 April 2015

Monday Monday

I'm going to write today about Monday.  Today is Tuesday, so I have enough distance to muse objectively about the start of the working week.  On Monday itself I'm generally in too much of a fug and slough of despond to do anything vaguely intelligent and/or creative.  I don't like Mondays, to quote Bob Geldof.

'Twas ever thus with me.  My earliest memories include a dread fear of the return of "the Scottish day".  Is this because I'm congenitally lazy?  I suppose that must have something to do with it.  But it's not the whole story.  I even get a bit down on m-day when I'm on holiday.  I feel depressed for the locals.  That, we can't ascribe to idleness; I don't do anything more strenuous than snorkelling when I'm abroad.  No, it's because Monday is shit, and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional and/or a weasel.

But away with negativity.  Today is Tuesday, which means the weekend is hoving into view over the horizon.  Oh, yes, it is.

Well, I beg to differ.

No comments:

Post a Comment