Wednesday 22 April 2015

Fix it or I'm off

The internet connection in the office is playing up today.  It was screwed from the moment I logged-on this morning.  As is the way with most bureaucrats these days, my job is almost entirely reliant on my computer's being connected the the web, so I'm about as much use as a 4-stone bouncer.

Worryingly, when we asked IT support what the story was at 9am this morning, they were blissfully unaware there was a problem.  Presumably as long as Tetris still loads, as far as they're concerned everything's hunky-dory.  Once they been appraised of matters, though, they snapped into action.  We all received an email at 1pm, acknowledging that there was indeed a problem and that it hadn't been fixed.  Two facts I didn't need confirming.

The whole day has been like wading through treacle with Samuel fucking Beckett.


No comments:

Post a Comment