Tuesday 16 September 2014

Hang on - my past's in there.

A late post today as I was too busy at work to complete one on their time.  Yeah, I know, wtf?

The pub that I and my schoolmates co-opted as our local when we hit 15 is being demolished.  I cycled past it this morning; it's half gone already.  I don't suppose there's much left as I type.

It hasn't been a boozer for some years now.  It was a Polish strip club for a while and then a "venue", whatever in the heck that means.  It did cut me to the quick to see it being torn down.  I had some very joyous memories invested in that pile of London Yellow bricks.

One shouldn't get too sentimental, I suppose.  I dare say there are plenty of Polish navvies who have great memories of watching strippers in there in the mid 2000s.  They'd give me pub 80s pub talk short shrift I'm sure.  There might also be one or two company functionaries somewhere who have fond memories of the place too.  "Do you remember that presentation about tax breaks for SMEs we saw there in 2011?  Legendary."


No comments:

Post a Comment