Wednesday 3 September 2014

A Wee Cough

Today is my final in the office for a bit.  Tomorrow, Mrs O and I fly out to Barcelona for a week.  Regular readers might recall that we've only recently returned from a mini-break in Spain.  We've decided to give the old back-to-back holiday protocol a whizz this year.

I suppose the only downside to it is the fact that I'm not beside myself with sweet anticipation; the break has rather crept up on me without the usual attendant excitement.  Normally t-minus two days from the off, I'm gnawing at the bit like a 9-stone horse.  Yes, it's made me rather blasé, this proliferation of holidays, not bored but blasé - like James Blunt might be.

Anyways, prior to the off comes all the boring sheight: packing a bag, making sure all the paperwork's in order etc.  Still, all that should be done-and-dusted by 8pm, which means there's ample time for a pre-hols snifter or several.  Mustn't get too trollied though - early start tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment