Tuesday 11 August 2015

I'll not drink to that

I need to rein in my drinking.  It's getting tiresome.  The reason for this is twofold: Firstly, I'm bored at work, which engenders frustration and the desire to drink.  Secondly, I'm a slave to routine in matters like this.  I can't imagine the day-to-day without the well-worn path of routine to guide me through it.  This includes a nightly sharpener.

It's odd this because I hate routine.  That's why I'm bad a sticking to things; I quickly grow jaded of the routine and yearn for change.  So why do I slavishly cling to harmful habits and repeated behaviours?  Because I'm lazy.  One doesn't have to think when the routine is ingrained.  You just go with it.

But drink is a narcotic, of course, and as such has a self-preservation instinct, so one needs to demonstrate discipline.  So a new habit needs to be introduced.  This won't be easy.  As I say, I'm bad at routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment