Monday 10 August 2015

Don't worry. Be happy

God, I'm in a fug at present - a slough of despond if you prefer.  I've been furiously reassessing my direction in life.  I've reached that alarming age when one finally realises that planning for life is life is like arguing about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.  The future is now, which sounds like the strap line for a mobile phone advert.  It's true though.

I need some direction and change.  Problem is I'm middle-aged and designation comes with some conservative baggage.  One starts to mistrust and dislike change.  That places one in a quandary: dissatisfaction with the status quo and dread fear of its ending.  That's the crux of The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin.  Reggie realised his life was pointless, but then so was his desire to change it.  The only option available to him then was absurdism.  I suppose I shall descend into the absurd too.  

I suppose it keeps one off the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment