Tuesday 23 June 2015

A bit racy

Another short post this afternoon.  I'm off time-trialling this evening, and as usual the nerves have kicked-in already.  I can't concentrate on my work, and I've got scant resources left to scribble thoughts either.  I'm feeling unjustifiably buoyant and optimistic about this week's event.  Don't know why.  It's possible of course that this the fate effing me about, and that I'll be overtaken by a frail-looking eleven year old.

I'm determined this week to ride my own race, ignore the others, keep my form and my concentration.  I've decided to decrease my cadence (my pedalling rpm) and up the gearing.  I think this will help.  I used to pedal a very high cadence bee-in-the-dee, but I think I've lost that elasticity as my vo2 max has diminished.  The vo2 dropping is an age thing, so there's nowt I can do about it.  I must adapt in other ways therefore.  I think a drop in cadence will lower my heart rate a notch.

Let's see, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment