Thursday 28 August 2014

Ned Kelly in boxers

I suppose it had to happen: I've been nominated to do the bucket of ice water challenge.  For the benefit of our future selves I should explain.  Social media (look it up) has had one of its periodic tsunamis of charidee craziness lately.  Basically one has to pour a bucket of ice water over oneself and upload the film of the deed to Facebook, like a slapstick take on an al-qaeda hostage-execution.  One is then excused from making a donation to whatever charity it was that originally came up with the concept.

My initial gut reaction to this phenomeon was fcuk-off-I-want-nothing-to-do-with-you-all.  But this has now been tempered by the realisation that it might afford me the opportunity to show off in a vaguely creative way.  Sadly, and for reasons too arbitrary for anyone to recall, you're suppose to fulfil your challenge within 24 hours, but that's impossible.  How am I suppose to storyboard an idea, block it and find costumes in 24 hours?  It's not going to happen.  I've had to post a message on Facebook to the effect that I've fired the original director and am busily finding a replacement.  The studio won't like it, but there you go.

I also need to download some video-editing software and find appropriate music.  I quite fancy a bit of gypsy jazz.  Too cheesy, you say?  Yes, perhaps you're right.


No comments:

Post a Comment