Thursday 21 August 2014

Giving Bill Gates a Chinese burn

I've been forced at gunpoint to upgrade to Excel 2007 recently, and I think I can say, hand on heartburn, that it's the biggest heap of sheight I've ever worked with.  One needs to be careful in making judgements of this kind with changing software because it causes the operator to have to shift from one comfort buttock to the other.  The natural reaction to this enforced realinment is to moan.  However, I made this change over a month ago now, and my opinions as to the new version are therefore more measured and objective.  It's hellish. 

It's impossible to memorise the graphic menu system.  And the designations as to where functions sit within it appear to be absolutely arbitrary.  I've tried memorising the new system but to no avail.  I speak as an expert user of Excel - in its 2003 iteration, at any rate.  But now I struggle to perform simple tasks.

In short, it's simply unacceptable.  Not only is the new version sufficiently different from the old as to make it effectively a different application all together, but the new version defaults to not even being able to see 2003 spreadsheets on the hard drive.  Why is this?  Is Microsoft so ashamed of 2003 that it's trying to airbrush it from history?

Microsoft's intractability is symptomatic of a monopoly gone mad.  They are refusing to listen to end-users' concerns.  They don't even dismiss them; they just maintain a lofty disdain and silence.  I've had a fcuking gut-full.  Bill, you have enough money and power.  It ends here, and it ends now.  You butchered DR-DOS and I looked the other way.  More fool me.  I've learned my lesson.  I will destroy the entire company using satire and sarcasm.  I've done it before.  What do you think happened to C&A?

Weasels.

No comments:

Post a Comment