Wednesday 30 July 2014

When the going gets tough, I start grizzling

I was at the Olympic velodrome again last evening, and, as previously, it was an intense exercise.  The physical demands aren't too onerous at all, not to someone who rides reguarly.  But the nervous energy one expends and the pure relentless concentration riding the track requires left me feeling bereft after my hour-long session.

I could barely pedal the three miles home afterwards, and it was all I could do when I did eventually reach the house to neck a couple of glasses of wonderful chenin blanc and eat me tea.  I slept like a corpse and still woke up feeling cream crackered this morning.  And yet, I really enjoyed it.  I'll need to repeat this stage of my accreditation as I simply don't have enough track time and it shows, but I'll do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment