Tuesday 29 July 2014

The evil that women do

I'm off to the Olympic Velodrome in a couple of hours for the second instalment of my track cycling accreditation training.  Unfortunately today I'm feeling terrible, really weak.  I don't have "the legs", as we cyclists term it.  I'm told that the emphasis during this part of the training is on formation and not speed, which is just as well because I could not stay the lacklustre pace on the ride to work this morning.

I blame this under-the-weatherness on a consultant at work.  She's been sat next to me since the end of last week and has a persistent hacking cough.  At lo and behold, I work up this morning with a sore throat.  Gerrrrr-ate.

But let us accentuate the positive, readers - I'm statistically-bound by my age, sex, experience and weight to be quicker than a fair percentage of the spuds who generally turn up for these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment