Thursday 22 May 2014

Get orf of my in-laws' lahnd

Mrs O and I have just returned from a few days in darkest Cornwall.  I do mean darkest too, the bit right down the business end at Land's End, not the wan Devon-lite Londoners' plaything up on the north coast.  It was so dark in fact that I couldn't update the old blog.  The dial-up connection suffered a greenstick fracture when I tried to upload a holiday snap, and that was that.

It wasn't enlightening, being without the Internet, incidentally.  It was shite.  People who bang-on about the liberating effect of selling their televisions are psychotic.  You wouldn't cut yourself off the electric, would you?  Quite so.  It's 2014.  Suck it up and move on.  The Edwardians didn't eschew electric light because it was making their kids lazy.  They embraced it.  We should do likewise.

...God, I'm in a good mood...


No comments:

Post a Comment