Tuesday 23 June 2009

Moo-ve It

There's a piece on the BBC web site today about what do to should a cow attack when you're out walking in the great outdoors. Their sage conclusion is that you should run away (I'm summarising).

It's a serious business apparently - bovine assault. The beeb reckon eighteen people have been killed by cows over the last eight years. Actually it's not that a great a threat statistically now I think on it. I imagine feathers or static have seen off more people than that in the same period. My wife and I go walking in the country a lot - most weekends in fact. We've been doing this for some years. She's always derided me for packing a pick axe along with the Thermos. I've attached it to a couple of yards of chain for extra purchase in battle. I've never had to use it on a cow, thank God, but it's a comfort knowing it's there. Her majesty's constabulary took some convincing though.

No comments:

Post a Comment