Tuesday 6 October 2015

L'enfer, c'est les autres

What a day.  I foolishly reported a small IT problem with my computer yesterday.  Consequently the IT support team wiped it clean and reinstalled all my software.  Unfortunately, they obliterated my personal desktop and preferences at the same time.  All the the macros I've been accruing over the last...ooh, let's see, six and half years.  No matter!  You know what they say, you can't take it with you.  I can't now, certainly.

This stress of not being able to work for several hours while I tried to rebuild my virtual memory from actual memory was intense.  I was consequently a bit short with a couple of the IT guys, for which I am genuinely sorry.  It's the system that's at fault, not the individuals.  Well, some of them are at fault too, but not this pair.  I'm such a bleeding-heart liberal, 'eh?

I've got tons on in ma vie privée too, which doesn't help.  I've got a to-do list like a donkey's cock.  I'm terrible at dealing with stress, really poor.  The reason, the deep-down reason, is I think because I have a visceral fear of disappointing people.  So I don't like taking too much on.  But life's not always compliant.  Fate sometimes shovels on a bit you weren't anticipating.  That's where I am at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment