Wednesday 5 November 2014

Who steals my verse steals trash...

I haven't written any poetry for a while, if one can refer to several years as a while.  As with most things, it's a question of context.  But anyways.  The thing with poetry, in my experience, is to set yourself a technical brief and then see what subject matter these strictures suggest to the unconscious.  And don't be afraid to swear if you feel it's artistically justified.  Only one-nation Tories dislike swearing, so use it as you see fit.

I'm really flagging at the moment - both physically and mentally.  Luckily, I've managed to lift myself out of this fug by reading Scott Adams' blog.  It really restores one's belief in the basic worth of humanity.  I often get down due to feeling isolated.  My isolation stems from a fundamental disinterest in the things that most people seem to find fascinating and/or important.  Reading SA's blog helps to dispel the myth that everyone on the mothership is like this.  Most are, yes, the vast majority in fact, but not all.  And that fact gives me hope.

And so to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment