Monday 24 April 2017

Exam Season

The pressure's on, and make no mistake.  I had a rehearsal yesterday with the band I play lead guitar for.  My attitude to musical endeavours is the same as the one I adopted at school, i.e., do as little actual work as possible and get by using a combination of obfuscation and charm.

This strategy is okay up to a point, but we've a gig looming and yesterday left me in no doubt that there are serious holes in my knowledge.  I've just made a revision timetable to start plugging these, and it can be summarised as: learn all the songs properly for once.  I honestly believed that I did know the set reasonably well, but that's bullshit it appears.  And given that I hadn't actually studied any of the written music, how could I have learned them?  Via some sort of rock n roll osmosis?

So I've three weeks until the next rehearsal and a ton/ne of work to do.  It's like being a student, except that I have boring full time job to hold down at the same time.  Tiresome.

No comments:

Post a Comment