Tuesday 14 July 2009

Snort. Who said that??

In spite of my previous, apparent, insouciance regarding swine flu, I've been given cause to revise my opinion of its threat potential and start quivering like a nervous jelly. (I was about to type "the proverbial nervous jelly". I don't know any such proverb, but it's about time there was one, let's face it.) The reason I'm backtracking shamelessly is that someone I sit close to at work is clearly infected. He's spent all day hacking and spluttering like Billy O(cean). I have no hard evidence to suppose he's contracted H1N1, but the hysterical, circumstantial case is starting to look compelling. His wife works in a hospital (the pork ward), and he has kids, those renowned harbingers of viruses.

I'm already feeling under the weather. What's the incubation period for pig sniffles? If my fears are correct, it can't be much more than two hundred minutes. I felt okay before lunch. We're doomed. Still the weather's nice. I think I'll have a pint tonight. Might as well go out in a blaze of self-harm. I appreciate it's not exactly Iggy Pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment